Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Milwaukee Zoo and Before & After Tuesday

Our family visited the Milwaukee Zoo on Sunday. It concluded a weekend filled with nonstop events (concerts, cow chips, e-sessions, etc). We had taken aubrey to the Milwaukee Zoo last year, but she was only about 6 months old at the time. This time around, she had a ton more fun - shouting 'Hi' to almost every animal and person we saw! We also were able to ride the train this time, and she thought it was the coolest thing ever...

First thing we saw - hippo butts. And oddly enough, it is one of my favorite shots.


And now for this Tuesday's Before & After: Hippo Butts

Here is the straight out of camera shot... Notice the artistic angle of how I captured these two ginormous sleeping beauties. : )
I skipped Lightroom all together for this one and brought the shot up in Photoshop. I helped even out the strong contrast of the shadow plaguing the left side of the image by boosting the brightness of it. Next I adjusted the tones and colors to get a faded type of look. Next was adding a bit of texture to make the image pop a bit more and then slightly blurred the top and bottom. Finally I finished it off with a little bit of selective burning and then sharpening for the web. The final product is a dramatic photo which I would be glad to hang on the bedroom wall (seriously, I probably will! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment