Monday, February 14, 2011

Derek & Jamie: E-Session


^Democrate + Republican = Love

His profile must have read: Computer Programmer, Hunter and Republican looking for love. Her profile probably said: Artistic, Photographer and Democrate looking for love. Match.com made the calculations and decided these two should meet.

Jamie & Derek jokingly chose the word 'Boring' as the theme for their Enagement shoot. I think it was everything but boring. These two seemed like polar opposits as they shared with me their individual interests, but when they came together it was like they completed each other.

A week or two before their session, they called to suggest we do the shoot at Derek's work. In my head, I'm thinking ok we can make a computer programmers building work - after all the images are mostly about capturing the personality and interaction of the couple. Upon arriving at Epic, I was amazed at the size of the environment and the Willy Wonka-style funhouse that was inside. I think I'll be fine tuning my programming skillz and updating my resume soon!

Thanks Jamie & Derek for choosing us to shoot for you. It is always an honor when fellow-photographers like your work enough to capture their big day. Enjoy some sneaks...


^Epic has a slide in one of the buildings. You go as fast as Clark W. Griswald on a greased up sled.

^He may be a hunter, but he is also a lover of animals.

^Left: Wacky Fun mirror; Right: Bling!

^The... chairs... were... Awesome!! Very Mork form Ork.


^I believe my direction here was 'staircase seduction'

^So many different cool area's to shoot in these buildings. This yellow corner shot is one of my favs.

^'She knew he was a bad boy, but she loved him anyway'

^Another fav location for me was the starry hallway connecting buildings.

^Derek's suggestion for a location - letting the personalities pop out.

^Another fav of mine as it reminds me of Degobah

No comments:

Post a Comment